Viewing Single Post
bill wright
Quote:
Originally posted by: PitBullKisses
Interview With Legendary Dogman Floyd Boudreaux::: *F.B.-I was lucky to get BLIND BILLY and RASCAL. I put them together with good results. *Interviewer-Gaboon Trahan's RASCAL? *F.B.-Yes, you see Trahan never owned that dog. It should be Boudreaux's RASCAL, like he is registered. I still have the papers here, but I don't care if the rest of the world thinks of him as Trahan's RASCAL. Anyway, I owned that dog and I crossed him with BLIND BILLY. Now RASCAL wouldn't start when he was a young dog and, as a matter of fact, he was stolen one time but because he wouldn't fight, they turned him loose. I saw him in 1957 when I got out of the service and he fought against a big black dog that was out of Cannon's BLACK SHINE and those dogs. At the time we were all arrested, but in those days it was just a misdemeanor, there was nothing against bulldogs really. RASCAL was owned by S.P. and I traded one of RASCAL's sons for him, a young dog called RASCAL JR. This pup only had one testicle, but S.P. took the pup and later sold him. The man that traded RASCAL to me is still alive. RASCAL produced that COUNTRY BOY dog, MARCIANO, and several other good females. As a match dog I think RASCAL was probably overrated. He was a game dog, red and white in color. He also was a bad ear dog just like COUNTRY BOY.I had a female one time, her name was TAMMY. She was by far the smartest dog I've ever owned. She was out of that BLACK SHINE dog and she was the only dog I let into the house. She was real sharp. If she was fighting, for instance, I could call her off and let her sit down with me and send her back anytime I wanted. I bred her both to RASCAL and BLIND BILLY the same time with no more than 5 days or so in between. I did this because both males were old and I really didn't want to miss this breeding. So I first bred BILLY and then bred RASCAL 5 days later, the pups were born about 61 days after I bred BILLY, but some of the pups were spotted just like RASCAL was. She had 13 pups and every pup in that litter was good, all of them were pitworthy. Bob Wallace was here when I bred RASCAL to TAMMY, so I gave him a pup. He named the pup SOCKS and always told everybody he was out of RASCAL. I didn't really care because both BILLY and RASCAL were mine and they both were out of the same female, but people are quick to criticize. The minute they saw a spotted pup they would say he was out of RASCAL instead of BLIND BILLY. I never made a secret out of it and told everybody about it. Most people just wanted to say something, but I knew better. There are so many people making money with these dogs and all they do is deal in pedigrees. I never cared too much about that. I bred my dogs for myself and all they had to do was satisfy me and nobody else. Money is no object when you are trying to breed and raise good bulldogs. I would be rich if I had all the money other people have made by peddling these dogs, but it is against my morals to breed something just for the money if I don't believe in it. Most people that do, don't even know what they are talking about.

this is a bullsh@t story, rascal did come out of eli lines,but he was bred by maurice carver,then sold to  crenshaw,,dont believe it, http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=21  ; ive also got a video with the dog on it,on maurice carvers yard from way back in the day,with don mayfield giving the background of each dog,your dog may come down from that line,of course she may not,you could have been stiffed by a byb,which it sounds like
Be the first person to like this.